[Xymon] Monitoring RSA Authentication Manager appliances

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 04:02:22 CEST 2015

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 2:55 PM, Robert Herron <robert.herron at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is anyone monitoring RSA Authentication Manager appliances using Xymon?
> Beyond the xymonnet tests?
>
> I'm on the verge of upgrading to AM 8.1.  AM is strictly appliance-based
> now. You can run virtual appliances on vmware or hyper-v or a hardware
> appliance. In all cases, the appliance runs SUSE LES 11 x86_64.  It doesn't
> have a compiler or related tools so installing the Xymon client won't be a
> cakewalk. So, I thought I'd check before trailblazing a new path.

Just install it on another opensuse 11.3 X86_64 and bring over tar ball of
/home/xymon and start it. It works just fine. I have done just that few
months ago and running ever since.

I installed opensuse on my virtualbox and did the install there.

Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?