[Xymon] custom script as row in display instead of column

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 03:21:01 CET 2015

Well, yes, you could...but not sure it makes any sense.
Each row in Xymon corresponds to a host.
Adding additional rows, mean you have to add new hosts, even if they are
dummy hosts.
Let's assume you have this on hosts.cfg
1.2.3.4  myhost        # ssh other stuff

You could add another line beneath it, so you end up with
1.2.3.4  myhost            # ssh other stuff
0.0.0.0  myhost-extra    # noping
Then the information you send from the host to xymon, uses $MACHINE for
normal data, and ${MACHINE}-extra for the additional information.

But here's the problem.
The extra information will still appear in its own columns. Assuming you
send information as test1, test2, test3 and test4.
The new test/data will appear as their own columns and will be interleaved
between myhost and myhost-extra rows. It will still be as wide as having
everything on one line, and will look pretty crappy.
myhost-extra will need to be in its own group or page, for the display to
look even half decent.

Regards
Vernon

On 5 January 2015 at 23:40, Sheel Shah <Sheel.Shah at rd.com> wrote:

>  Hello,
>

> Currently, I have a custom script that calculates various memcached
> statistics. I have multiple memcached instances, and rather than having
> them displayed in separate columns, is there a way to display each instance
> as its own row on the Xymon page?
>

> Thanks and happy new year to everyone,
>
> Sheel

"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory"
- General George Patton