[Xymon] UP parameter in analysis.cfg

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Tue Oct 14 15:30:31 CEST 2014

Instead of putting it in your defaults section put the "UP 10m" in a

HOST=* EXHOST=(%YOUR 4 HOSTS)
                UP          10M

Default overrides everything else, you add to defaults, you don't change them.   We learned that the hard way a couple years back.

Paul.

From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Neil Simmonds
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 8:02 AM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: [Xymon] UP parameter in analysis.cfg

In my analysis.cfg file (actually in  file in an include directory) I have the following entry for 4 hosts,

UP 10m -1 red

However, it's not turning red and is flagging yellow with the following message,

Machine has been up more than 0 days

0 days 21 hours 16 minutes 55 seconds

My understanding of the UP check was that the -1 means it will never flag on the toolonglimit.

The only thing I can think of as to why this might be happening is that at the very end of my analysis.cfg file I have some defaults which include

UP 10m

I thought the machine specific entry should take precedence? (The include line for the host specific rules is before the defaults)

Regards,
Neil.