[Xymon] UP parameter in analysis.cfg

Neil Simmonds neilsimmonds1808 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 15:02:06 CEST 2014

In my analysis.cfg file (actually in  file in an include directory) I have
the following entry for 4 hosts,

UP 10m -1 red

However, it's not turning red and is flagging yellow with the following
message,

Machine has been up more than 0 days

0 days 21 hours 16 minutes 55 seconds

My understanding of the UP check was that the -1 means it will never flag on
the toolonglimit.

The only thing I can think of as to why this might be happening is that at
the very end of my analysis.cfg file I have some defaults which include

UP 10m

I thought the machine specific entry should take precedence? (The include
line for the host specific rules is before the defaults)

Regards,

Neil.