[Xymon] xymonnet sending status to Xymon 4.3.0~beta2

Thomas xymonliste at netcologne.de
Mon Oct 13 09:45:12 CEST 2014

Hi Glauber,

On Thu, Oct 09, 2014 at 03:33:05PM +0000, Ribeiro, Glauber wrote:
> Have you checked your ghost clients (on the server, "Reports" menu).
> In my experience, many times this is caused by the client reporting a
> name that doesn't match what's in hosts.cfg. If that's the problem, it
> can be fixed in the client side (command line override or just edit
> xymon.sh), or on the server side (with an alias in hosts.cfg).

thank you very much for your response. I've checked ghost clients and
the log files and verified that packets are transferred on port 1984.
Everything looks good.
Unfortunately the status on the receiving Xymon server isn't updated or
shown.

I've tested it the other way round, i.e. sending from the old version to
the new one. This works fine.

Probably the protocol has slightly changed preventing the older version
from accepting messages from Xymon 4.3.17.

Best regards
Thomas