[Xymon] memory status not updated on some Solaris clients after upgrade

Andy Smith abs at shadymint.com
Wed Jan 15 11:16:00 CET 2014

Hi,

Since upgrading to 4.3.13, the 'memory' tests on some Solaris clients have
turned purple.  All the other tests for these hosts are updated correctly,
but svcstatus for memory reflects that no update has been applied and the
rrd files memory.real and memory.swap are not being updated.  None of the
clients were upgraded, only the server.

The clientlog for the sections memory or swap for a solaris host that works
and a solaris host that doesnt work are indistinguishable in format.

Whilst checking the timestamp on the memory.real.rrd file, I noticed that
some of the rrd files in both directories are up to 60 minutes old, but if
an attempt to access the data is made by for instance opening the status
page, all the rrd files seem to get updated, so I am not sure this is
relevant, but if anyone can explain it, I would be grateful.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can debug the errant solaris memory
tests?  There is nothing relevant I can find in any of the logs which is
tagged with the host name or even the word 'memory'.  I have upgraded one
solaris client (4.3.10->4.3.13) just to rule it out, but as expected, it
made no difference.

Thanks
--
Andy