[Xymon] Reference tag in hosts.cfg

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Fri Jan 10 19:00:33 CET 2014

On 1/10/2014 8:24 AM, T.J. Yang wrote:
- snip -
> I am in similar situation with Andy.  but I am looking a quick way to link
> to other asset systems that doesn't use "asset name" but "asset id" for
> searching.
- snip -
> I am hoping the asset URL link can be in "info" column as  a clickable
> tag/link.

The unique hostname isn't directly accessible for links on the 'info'
page, but it can be had in a round-about way. I embed HTML in the DESCR
field to provide this external linkage on the 'info' page of Xymon. Like
this:

> DESCR:"Router:<a href=/xymon/extnotes/legacynotes.php target=_blank >Legacy Notes</a>"

My legacynotes.php looks in $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] to find the
parameter 'HOST=foo.bar.com' which it then uses to craft an appropriate
302 message sending the customer to an external application. If the
external ID for your application were in the hosts.cfg in an arbitrary
(ignored) tag, the php could pull it out and use it to craft an
appropriate 302.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services