[Xymon] Reference tag in hosts.cfg

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Fri Jan 10 18:11:47 CET 2014

On 1/10/2014 5:15 AM, Andy Smith wrote:
> Could I request that this trivial change be added at some stage please.  It
> introduces the ability to include a tag in hosts.cfg which has no purpose
> other than provide an arbitary reference. eg
>
> configdbid=12345

I don't understand the request. Isn't this function already here? I do
this now with tags I've introduced into the hosts.cfg files for outside
reference or ext scripts.

If you append the following to the end of a host line:
   configdbid:12345
don't you get exactly the behavior you seek? (Provided configdbid is not
defined in protocols.cfg)

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services