[Xymon] State of the art SMS alerting?

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Wed Jan 8 01:59:57 CET 2014

Can anyone shed light on the current 'state of the art' for alerting by
SMS from Xymon? Are there recommended usb-modem/software combinations to
achieve this?

I'd like to have the option of sending alerts from my Xymon server
without relying on email->SMS gateways. (When I need to announce that
the mail queue has reached critical, it seems foolish to try to dispatch
that alert by mail.)

I'm running Xymon on Solaris which will ultimately limit my options, but
I'm interested in any information you have to share.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration