[Xymon] Monitoring multiple values

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Thu Aug 28 01:48:42 CEST 2014

On 28 August 2014 00:15, David Welker <dewelker at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was able to get a graph, but the 5 figures for one column are in the
> k/seconds range while the other are milliseconds, so while one shows up
> rather well, the other hovers around the 0 line.
> 1.) Is there a way to change this - like the default time of a Xymon
> graph, say last 2 hours, on a column status page?

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean.  If you want each data source
graphed on its own graph, rather than all in one, then I don't think it can
be done out-of-the-box.  However, multi-line graphs can be tweaked to
display different numbers of sources on the one graph.  If you right-click
on the graph and show the image in its own window, you can then adjust the
URL parameters "first" and "count".  So there's a way to get "showgraph" to
display just the one line on its own, but I don't think this can be
adjusted for the column status page without changing the source code.

> 2.) What might be even better, is there a way to display 2 graphs on a
> column status page with each in their own graph?

My "disk" status page shows two graphs, each with four filesystems.  Some
smarts in the multi-graph processing will detect if the count of data
sources exceeds a threshold (I think it's 6) and then splits the display
into two or more graphs.

There's also some special processing for Devmon-derived status pages, such
that a comment like this will adjust the number of separate graphs
displayed:

<!-- linecount=9 -->

I'm pretty sure I've (ab)used this in the past, to take control over a
graph on a status page, even though Devmon was not the source of the status
or data.

3.) Also, is it possible to display the actual data point values captured,
> on the GPRINT line as I mentioned earlier?

I'd have thought GPRINT displays the values captured, until consolidated of
course.  It could be that you need to zoom in on the graph to avoid the
consolidation when displaying.