[Xymon] EXT : can't fully clear conn history

Mills, David (IS) David.Mills at ngc.com
Thu Oct 10 17:57:40 CEST 2013

Hey, Kris...

Had to do this just yesterday myself...

// For corroboration, see the xymon(1) man page and search for "drop"

$ $XYMON_HOME/server/bin/xymon 127.0.0.1 "drop <hostname> <testname>"

// Now perform check to make sure it's gone... Sometimes it takes a few seconds:

$ $XYMON_HOME/server/bin/xymon 127.0.0.1 "xymondboard host=<hostname> test=<testname>"

// Should come back empty

Also, double-check your hosts.cfg file to make sure the host+"noconn" is the way it should be. You might also want to do a "kill -HUP <PID of xymond>" to force the xymond daemon to re-read the hosts.cfg file for new config updates.

HTH

david

David Mills
Systems Administrator