[Xymon] use png's instead of gif's

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Tue Nov 26 00:19:45 CET 2013

On 25 November 2013 16:36, Josh Luthman <josh at imaginenetworksllc.com> wrote:

> The browser reads the file.  Only Windows executes based on file name.
>
> Yes, that's a good point.  I wondered if the browser instead gets its
queue from the Content-Type header MIME type (that is "image/gif" or
"image/png").  So I tested it.  Apache gives "image/gif" even for a PNG
file, so Apache is looking only at the file extension.  When my browser
(Chrome) gets the image file, it ignores the MIME type and instead looks at
the image file contents to see what it is and how to display it.  Just like
Josh said.