[Xymon] use png's instead of gif's

henrik at hswn.dk henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Nov 25 09:19:02 CET 2013

Den 25.11.2013 06:34, Jeremy Laidman skrev:

> On 25 November 2013
07:21, Kris Springer <kspringer at innovateteam.com [1]> wrote:

create my own icons for xymon, but I'd like to use png files instead of
gif's. What config file are those specified in? I can easily overwrite
the old icons with my new icons if I leave everything as gif's, but I'd
like to make them png's instead. Where do I set that?

> Kris, this is
hard-coded in Xymon. The function dotgiffilename() in lib/color.c
appends ".gif" to the color name when generating webpages. You could
change the source code and re-compile. But suspect that if you simply
rename your PNG files to have a .gif extension, then they'll be
recognised by the browser, and displayed correctly anyway.

Hmm, yes -
that is absolutely stupid. The patch for removing that is rather
trivial, I'll include it in the next release (4.3.13, due this week).

Links:
------
[1]
mailto:kspringer at innovateteam.com