[Xymon] xymon push notifications?

Mark Felder feld at feld.me
Sat Jul 13 17:19:55 CEST 2013

Does anyone happen to have a script that can take xymon alerts and push
them to an android phone via Google's Cloud to Device push
notifications? We're trying to find a more reliable way to notify
technicians. Our on-call phone is an Android device and for a long time
we used to use the email to SMS gateway, but those messages were getting
throttled or just dropped/lost altogether. We then decided that maybe
using Gmail would work well because Google tightly couples Gmail with
the phone and the notifications are quite fast and reliable. Well, we're
now discovering that Google is throttling emails to our GMail address
preventing us from receiving notifications...

Any suggestions or tips that you might have would be greatly
appreciated. A Xymon push-notification app and a script to pipe the
alerts through would probably be a quite reliable solution. I may
consider investigating this myself.

Thanks