[Xymon] Memory usage issue

Culver, Scott D sdculver at purdue.edu
Tue Feb 5 20:24:16 CET 2013

We are having an issue with xymon on two of our servers.
These two servers are 2008 r2.
What we have discovered is happening is that about every 5 minutes something tries to load a large file to the event log.  It is not able to do this.  The memory usage spikes to near 100% for about 10 seconds until it fails and then drops back down.  It is something associated with the xymon service doing this.
If we turn of the server and reboot the server, it goes away and returns when we start the service.

Has anyone seen this, or a similar issue before?  How did you address it?

The software on these servers is Blackboard Transact.

These are the only two servers in a large environment that are having issues.

Thanks,
Scott
PURDUE BOILERMAKERS PURDUE BOILERMAKERS PURDUE BOILERMAKERS PURDUE BOILERMAKERS
Scott D. Culver
ITIS Application Administrator
(765) 494-9012<tel:%28765%29%20494-9012>
Freehafer Hall
401 S. Grant Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907
PURDUE BOILERMAKERS PURDUE BOILERMAKERS PURDUE BOILERMAKERS PURDUE BOILERMAKERS
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy,
the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."  - C.S. Lewis