[Xymon] Question about parsing a process memory use and alerting on threshold

Don Kuhlman Don.Kuhlman at schawk.com
Tue Feb 5 19:21:50 CET 2013

Hi folks. The list seems to be quiet lately, so I figured I would stir up some traffic :)
I've been looking but haven't found too much info on the following question:
Can I alert on a specific process if it's memory use exceeds a value ?

Here's the line coming to the xymon server from the bbwin .9 client on a Windows server:

01.2% 3868 java.exe 8 3:12:21 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 635048k

I would like to set alerts if the mem used exceeds 985000 K and go red if it's over 1 gig.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Don K