[Xymon] How to launch Xymon client on Ubuntu 12.04

Benjamin P. August baugust at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 5 22:20:26 CEST 2012

Re: lack of init scripts:

I think 12.04 is systemd-based now and not sysvinit or upstart based. You can look for a compatibility package in the Ubuntu repos (RHEL and OpenSUSE both have some form of compatibility for old-style init scripts along with systemd), or look into writing your own service file to have systemd start Xymon on boot:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd#Writing_custom_.service_files

Re: Not being able to start it from a shell:

Is anything showing up in the console? What are you getting on stdout?