[Xymon] xymondboard - can I get an exact match? (and writing xymon ACK script and opening tickets)

Gore, David W (David) david.gore at verizon.com
Thu Nov 15 16:30:43 CET 2012

Sorry for the top posting, that is dictated by the company.

If it helps, using regular expressions in the Xymon command works fine under the latest version of Xymon 4.3.10 running on RedHat 5.8 32-bit with bash being the shell, pcre version is 6.6.

Here is a sample that works:

~/server/bin/xymon localhost 'xymondboard test=s$ host=(abc|xyz)myhost01'

Which shows all the tests that end with the letter 's' for the hosts abcmyhost01 and xyzmyhost01.  Jeremy, may be you have an older version of Xymon?  Seems odd