[Xymon] xymondboard - can I get an exact match? (and writing xymon ACK script and opening tickets)

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Thu Nov 15 00:02:24 CET 2012

On 15 November 2012 01:36, Gore, David W (David) <david.gore at verizon.com>wrote:

> Regular expressions work:
>
> ~/server/bin/xymon localhost 'xymondboard test=^disk$ host=foo.example.comfields=cookie'

Yeah, I would have thought so too, but this doesn't actually work (for me).
 When I use "test=ntp$" I get a match on both "ntp" and "ntpsync" tests.
 I'm guessing that the "test" keyword uses the pcre library with an option
like PCRE_NOTEOL - because it does work (excludes "ntpsync") if I use
"test=ntp\z" - but I can't find where in the code this is set.  The same
happens when I use a "host=" regular expression.

Cheers
Jeremy