[Xymon] How To or RFE - documenting each alert?

Elizabeth Schwartz betsy.schwartz at gmail.com
Tue May 8 15:25:43 CEST 2012

As our environment becomes more complex, our NOC folks are asking that
we find a way to document *each* alert. On the built in tests, there's
a place in Xymon to put one piece of documentation for our entire
enterprise- for example, I can add a link to the "http" dot in
columndoc.csv that points to our doc wiki , and there's a way to put
in documentation linked to the host name - but what we desperately
need is a way to document *each* host-test pair.

What we want is to be able to click on a red dot in the All Non-Green
view, and see a link showing how to resolve that alert. Clicking on a
red dot for host1 http red alert should show the link for how to
resolve a host1 http alert, and clicking the red dot for host2 http
should show a link for how to handle host2 http. Different server's
http alerts require different NOC actions.

Is there a way anyone can think of to do this?
Does anyone else see a need for this?