[Xymon] xymon freebsd memory calculations

Scott, Brian brian.scott4 at det.nsw.edu.au
Tue May 8 02:25:12 CEST 2012

This is a good work around because of the fall back. The same will happen if you update your FreeBSD system to 9-STABLE because of the message text change.

The only reason to use the vm.total sysctl is that it will be a more accurate measure (5 second average rather than point in time snapshot). This only matters if memory is very tight on your system (as they are on one of mine).