[Xymon] Is it 'procs' or 'processes'?

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Thu Mar 22 01:13:36 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 5:10 AM, John Horne <john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk> wrote:
> It seems that the 'graphs.cfg' file has a section for 'processes', but
> no section for 'procs', so Xymon does not know how to display the
> 'procs' graph. If I create a 'procs' section, then I get a graph.

I think the procs=processes mapping is for backwards-compatibility.
But it still should work as-is.  On my system I simply created a new
"[processes]" definition in graphs.cfg to get the graph, like so:

[processes]
        TITLE Process counts
        YAXIS processes
        DEF:cnt=procs.rrd:la:AVERAGE
        LINE2:cnt#00CC00:Processes
        GPRINT:cnt:LAST: \: %10.1lf (cur)
        GPRINT:cnt:MAX: \: %10.1lf (max)
        GPRINT:cnt:MIN: \: %10.1lf (min)
        GPRINT:cnt:AVERAGE: \: %10.1lf (avg)\n

I needed no other changes for the graph to show up.

Note that the procs RRD file should be shown on the trends page (as
"Users and Processes"), regardless of this adjustment.

Also, I think that there will be no "files" graph unless you define a
file with a "TRACK" option in analysis.cfg.  Same for "ports".