[Xymon] TS - Maintenance Mode for a group of hosts?

Gore, David W (David) david.gore at verizon.com
Fri Dec 7 23:58:28 CET 2012

Tom,

$ man Xymon

       disable HOSTNAME.TESTNAME DURATION <additional text>
              Disables a specific test for DURATION minutes. This will cause the status of this test to be listed as "blue" on the Xymon  server,  and
              no alerts for this host/test will be generated. If DURATION is given as a number followed by s/m/h/d, it is interpreted as being in sec-
              onds/minutes/hours/days respectively.   To disable a test until it becomes OK, use "-1" as the DURATION.   To disable all  tests  for  a
              host, use an asterisk "*" for TESTNAME.

       enable HOSTNAME.TESTNAME
              Re-enables a test that had been disabled.

Shouldn't be hard to roll your own script from here or I can share a rather simple script we use.

David Gore (v965-3670)
Network Management Systems (NMS)
IMPACT Transport Team Lead - SCSA, SCNA