[Xymon] First ext service side test

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Oct 5 22:18:29 CEST 2011

On 05-10-2011 14:59, Michael Baydoun wrote:

> Writing my first server site ext script.  I can tag entries in bb-hosts
> and loop through them with bbhostgrep.
>
> Question: Can I access the latest client data for each host I find, and
> if so, can you point me in the right direction?

Short answer: Yes, use the command
    xymon 127.0.0.1 "clientlog HOSTNAME"

Longer answer: Yes, but ... what is it that you are trying to do ?
If your server-side extension is doing something as a result of the data
a client sends to the Xymon server, then the most effective way of
handling that would be to hook into the "client" channel from xymond.
That gives you direct access to the client data, immediately as they are
received by xymond. If you run

    xymond_channel --channel=client MYSCRIPT

then MYSCRIPT is fed all of the client data that xymond receives; each
set of client data begins with "@@client" and ends with "@@" on a line
by itself. See the xymond_rootlogin.pl or xymond_sample.c files for an
example of how it works.