[Xymon] How to tell if Xymon OpenSSL is enabled?

Tom S tsztur at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 16:49:30 CEST 2011

So at first I compiled Xymon with no SSL.
Then I re compiled it over the existing xymon (I made sure it is shutdown
first) with the following in the Makefile . the configure.server added the
below flags:  (Ubuntu 10.04)
# OpenSSL settings
SSLFLAGS = -DHAVE_OPENSSL=1
SSLINCDIR = -I/usr/bin
SSLLIBS = -L/usr/include/openssl/ -lssl -lcrypto
RPATHVAL += /usr/include/openssl/

How can I tell if it was successful?

When I added the following to the hosts.cfg file;
<ip> hostname # ssh https://mydomain.com ssh-tunnel

I get the following in the xymon status page:
= https://mydomain.com/ - Connected, but got empty response =

this is in the 'http' category.
should there be an 'https' category added?

Is there a way I can surely tell that the Xymon compiled installation has
full openssl support?

TIA!