[Xymon] problem with xymond_client test

Glenn Attwood attwood at utsc.utoronto.ca
Wed Mar 16 21:36:08 CET 2011

> unfortunately it seems your binary was built without the debugging
> symbols included (probably "stripped" as it's called). That makes it
> rather difficult to guess what is happening, since I don't know what
> code is located at address 0x0806f888 ...
>
> Did you compile it yourself or use a pre-compiled binary ? If you could
> compile it with debugging symbols included that would be much more
> helpful. With the gcc compiler, make sure the CFLAGS in your Makefile
> include the "-g" option (it does by default in the Xymon source archive).

Sorry, I should have caught that.  I built debs from the debian/rules
included in the release.  I commented out the strip call, and here is
the new backtrace:

Core was generated by `xymond_client'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
#0  0x0030a422 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0030a422 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
#1  0x0013a651 in raise () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
#2  0x0013da82 in abort () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
#3  0x08072023 in sigsegv_handler (signum=11) at sig.c:57
#4  <signal handler called>
#5  0x0806f888 in get_ostype (osname=0x807710c "") at misc.c:44
#6  0x0805d82c in main (argc=1, argv=0xbfae9ba4) at xymond_client.c:2166

This is running on Ubuntu/Lucid 32bit if it matters.

Thanks,
Glenn