[Xymon] Green status during a total blackout

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Fri Jul 29 18:11:24 CEST 2011

I think he does have a point here... couldn't it retroactively, when
drawing up history and graphs, say "there's a big hole here where
nothing was erased?" The way Xymon so far processes information might
make this a non-trivial task, however -- don't know.

On 07/27/2011 06:54 AM, Neil Simmonds wrote:
> If your Xymon server was down how could it recognise that it had not received any data?
>
> If it received data within 5 minutes of it restarting then I would fully expect it to show green for the intervening period. I don't think Xymon can recognise that it was itself down and therefore show white/purple in the history. The timer that causes these statuses would have been reset by the reboot which would mean that as long as it then receives data from the clients within the new refreshed timer period it would stay green.
>
> The only way I can think of that would allow you to see when the power outage occurred on Xymon would be to have your Xymon server attached to a UPS that would keep it alive for at least 10 minutes.

nsequences arising from it. Findel Plc reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its internal and external networks. If you have received this email in error please notify our IT helpdesk on +44(0) 1254 303030