[Xymon] Looking for "page too old" script

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 17:00:07 CEST 2011

I wrote something like that when I was with EDS.  It grabs an image and
compares the md5sum to the md5sum of a stored copy of the image.  If it's
different, sound the alarm.  I can probably dredge that up this evening when
I get home.  In the meantime, it would not be too hard to reconstruct.

If it's just the image that isn't being updated, then grab a copy with curl:

   curl -s -S -L -o image.jpg http://www.server.com/img.jpg

and md5sum it.  Compare that to the md5sum of the last image you fetched.
 If different, you can then send a red report, otherwise send green.

If the page itself is not being update, just have the tcsh script insert a
timestamp as a comment, then grab the page in much the same way and grep the
timestamp from it.  If the timestamp varies from real time by several
minutes, sound the alarm.

Ralph Mitchell