[Xymon] New graph display problems.

KING, KEVIN (ATTSI) KK1051 at att.com
Wed Apr 20 18:30:43 CEST 2011

> How are you processing the devmon data into the RRD? What have you
> added
> to TEST2RRD= line in hobbitserver.cfg (or server.cfg on 4.3)?

Yes it is in xymonserver.cfg  And I am running 4.3.0

# status view of a test should include a graph.
TEST2RRD="if_dsc=devmon,if_load=devmon,temp=devmon,itp_msu=devmon,cpu=la,disk,

> I have found that if you use TEST2RRD="mytest=devmon" then it won't
> display on the mytest page. if_load may be hard-coded to be handled by
> devmon RRD handler (haven't checked the source).
>
> My workaround was to copy the hobbitserver.cfg to say hobbithostcgi.cfg
> and remove the =devmon substrings, then change hobbitcgi.cfg to use the
> new file
Xymon 4.3.0 has "cgioptions.cfg"

> # hobbitsvc.cgi options for a normal (current) status display
> CGI_SVC_OPTS="--env=/usr/lib/hobbit/server/etc/hobbithostcgi.cfg
> --no-svcid --history=top"
> #CGI_SVC_OPTS="--env=/usr/lib/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
> --no-svcid --history=top"

This is not this way in 4.3.0

XYMONENV=/usr/local/bb/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg

# svcstatus.cgi options for a normal (current) status display
CGI_SVC_OPTS="--env=$XYMONENV --no-svcid --history=top"

I will change the $ XYMONENV to the new config file with the =devmon removed as you suggested and see what happens. Would this not just be the same as just leving things as they are and just removing the =devmon from the current xymonserver.cfg file?

-Kevin