[Xymon] New graph display problems.

David Baldwin david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au
Wed Apr 20 06:48:09 CEST 2011

Kevin,
> I have created a new test in DEVMON and now have an issue with it not
> displaying the graphs in the status page. It is displaying fine in the
> trends page. In testing this I found that the only devmon test that is
> displaying in the status page is if_load.

How are you processing the devmon data into the RRD? What have you added
to TEST2RRD= line in hobbitserver.cfg (or server.cfg on 4.3)?

I have found that if you use TEST2RRD="mytest=devmon" then it won't
display on the mytest page. if_load may be hard-coded to be handled by
devmon RRD handler (haven't checked the source).

My workaround was to copy the hobbitserver.cfg to say hobbithostcgi.cfg
and remove the =devmon substrings, then change hobbitcgi.cfg to use the
new file

# hobbitsvc.cgi options for a normal (current) status display
CGI_SVC_OPTS="--env=/usr/lib/hobbit/server/etc/hobbithostcgi.cfg
--no-svcid --history=top"
#CGI_SVC_OPTS="--env=/usr/lib/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
--no-svcid --history=top"

David.

> I am at work and as such am blocked from searching the archives to see
> if that has been answered already.
>

> Kevin H. King
> Engineer V Implementations
> AT&T
> 404-444-0410
> "You can not please everyone everyday, But everyday please everyone you
> can" -me

David Baldwin - IT Unit
Australian Sports Commission          www.ausport.gov.au
Tel 02 62147830 Fax 02 62141830       PO Box 176 Belconnen ACT 2616
david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au          Leverrier Street Bruce ACT 2617

Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport visit http://www.ausport.gov.au

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.