[hobbit] Xymon Protocol

Neil Franken nfranken at theunlimitedworld.co.za
Fri May 21 16:11:06 CEST 2010

Thanks TJ.

Will have a look at these. I had a look at the BBWin source code today and learned quite a bit about how to send messages to Xymon Server. I got it right to simulate some rough tests with telnet(after getting telnet running on Vista). I use BBwin quite a bit to monitor my M$ SQL boxes and some Gentoo Asterix(VOIP) Servers. I have done some development for BBwin to monitor SQL Server specifics. While BBwin is easy to use and quiet extensible I think it needs a major shot of new development.

I know there is Xymon.net client in alpha? I wish I could help but I tend to avoid .Net as I am a C/C++/Java person. I would love to contribute to the projects but will need to find  out where first.

Regards
Neil