[hobbit] rrd graph orientation

doctor at makelofine.org doctor at makelofine.org
Fri May 21 08:29:25 CEST 2010

On Thu, 20 May 2010 22:01:30 -0400, Ralph Mitchell
<ralphmitchell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Mark Krawec <mark at krawec.net> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to move a graph (like the cpu) graph to the top of the
>> display?  Right now it's at the bottom of the page and I need to scroll
>> through the list of processes to see the graph.  I've looked at the
>> hobbitgraph.cfg file and can't find a obvious way to move a graph to
the
>> top
>> of the page.
>>

> I don't think it can be done by fooling with config files, at least not
in
> xymon-4.3.0-beta2.  If you're up to altering the source, I think the
> relevant bit is around line 312 in  xymon-4.3.0-beta2/lib/htmllog.c :
>
>         if (!htmlfmt) fprintf(output, "<PRE>\n");
>         textwithcolorimg(restofmsg, output);
>         if (!htmlfmt) fprintf(output, "\n</PRE>\n");
>
> Moving that down to around line 450 puts the content of the status
message
> under everything else.  I don't *think* that would break anything else,
but
> you should back up your xymon installation before doing the update...
>
> Ralph Mitchell

As written in hobbitserver.cfg, section GRAPHS :
"This defines which RRD files to include on the "trends" column webpage,
and the order in which they appear"

So I think you should put "la" (Load Average) to the top of the values
defined in variable GRAPHS, like this :

GRAPHS="la,disk,test,other_test,..."