[hobbit] Best installation process on Fedora 12

Xymon User in Richmond hobbit at epperson.homelinux.net
Sat May 8 19:31:29 CEST 2010

On Sat, May 8, 2010 09:23, Stewart L wrote:
> The source code has scripts that create rpm packages for your build.
> I've always used those.

Vewy intewesting.  I'd never noticed makerpm.sh before.  Eventually I'll
have to make time to figure out how to use it, e.g. whether you need to
run the configure script first, how it handles xymon-apache.conf and
aliasing/soft-links for folders, etc.

I notice that the last thing it tries to do is to put the rpms in
../rpm/pkg.  It doesn't create the pkg folder nor is it there from
unpacking the tarball, so the command fails.  The rpms end up left in a
couple of folders under ./rpmbuild relative to the top level of the
tarball unpack.