[hobbit] Sorry... I had to vent

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 13:26:28 CET 2010

I agree completely, Vernon.

The only way I would change what you have to say (were I saying it) is that even though you're a level 1 or 2 user, there's no reason you cannot apply level 6 or 7 research before asking a question.  That research will make your level 2 question into a level 4 or 5 question, and everyone will benefit.

We should endeavor to all:

a) help whenever we can
b) research our question thoroughly before asking here
c) lather, rinse, repeat

There have been times where some have even jumped on here and asked a question then demanded speedy response because they have a deadline.

eh?  Do I get a stipend?  :)

It's all about being civil, being helpful, and looking after your own abilities and research before looking for help.

Granted, we do have a number of internationals on the list, and grace is always applied liberally.  However, "it doesn't work, how do I make it work" is not an acceptable question.

As you can tell, I've had a very large amount of sleep.  :)

Good discussion, everyone.  I love Vernon's comments here.

--j