[hobbit] Using dispincludes with subpage and subparents - not working - please help... (FIXED, I think....)

wiskbroom at hotmail.com wiskbroom at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 28 20:33:31 CET 2010

>> My bb-hosts file does not actually contain much in terms of hosts, or IP
>> addresses, instead I've opted to use "dispinclude" statements which inject
>> data in the "IP-ADDRESS HOSTNAME" format.
>>
>> The problem is that it either does not work at all, or just works on just
>> the second "dispinclude" for the same file. I.e., I am using
>> "includes/S1/s1wintelAD.txt" in two locations below.
>>
>> Are my statements missing something? Do I have my order incorrect
>> perhaps?

> group-compress should be on the same line as its title:
> group-compress Site1 Xymon Server
> same for title:
>
> title Building 1 Site

That part is actually working, unless the site contains no hosts in the bb-hosts.  Seems like it requires at least one entry in order to display the title.

> I presume dispinclude should work the same as include - I've never used dispinclude or netinclude. Other than that, your files look okay.

OK, I think I figured it out, I'd love for someone to confirm.  The first use must be an "include", subsequent use of the same file "can be" dispinclude.  I changed the first use from dispinclude to include and I am now seeing my hosts!

Thanks,

.vadim