SV: [xymon] Xymon reports excessive memory usage on 1 SLES 11 host

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Dec 14 22:50:10 CET 2010

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:42:21 -0800, Tim McCloskey wrote:

> What does the Solaris client use to get this data?  vmstat? (free is not
> a native solaris tool).

Each OS has their own way of reporting memory utilisation - it is
completely non-standard, and the one part of the Xymon client that
requires the most code for each new OS!

Specifically for Solaris, Xymon uses prtconf to determine how
much memory is installed, and vmstat to determine how much is
being used. "swap -s" was used for determining how much swap was
being used, but earlier today I committed an update so we will
now use "swap -l" instead.