SV: [xymon] Fresh SVN-install yields "link stdnormal_footer" on all subpages

Malcolm Hunter malcolm.hunter at gmx.co.uk
Thu Dec 9 14:28:29 CET 2010

> >>ng - shouldn't they simply symlink to the stdnormal_footer file?
> > How did you download the sourcecode - just the file available from
> > the "Files" section of Sourceforge, or as a checkout from SVN ?
> > If the latter, did you use a Unix-version of the SVN utilities ?
> >
> > Downloading using a Windows-based SVN client is unlikely to work,
> > since Windows doesn't support symbolic links.
>
> Actually, I just did a web-download "GNU-tarball" from the branches/4.3.0/
> directory. Guess that doesn't work either. I'll just fix the symlinks
> manually - is there anything else that might be broken this way?

That's right - the tarball from the web svn breaks the symlinks - fortunately these are the only files affected.

Henrik, couldn't we dispense with putting symlinks into SVN and generate them during the build instead?

Malcolm

--
Wouldn't the sentence "I want to put a hyphen between the words FISH and AND and AND and CHIPS in my FISH-AND-CHIPS sign" have been clearer if quotation marks had been placed before "FISH," and between "FISH" and "and," and "and" and "AND," and "AND" and "and," and "and" and "AND," and "AND" and "and," and "and" and "CHIPS," as well as after "CHIPS?"