[hobbit] RE: prtdiag.sh and Soalris 10 x86 fix

TJ Yang tjyang2001 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 21:52:02 CEST 2010

Also followings are two output of prtdiag that you may interested to
include in your src tree.

1. opensolaris as VMWare session.
bash-4.0$ /usr/sbin/prtdiag  -v
System Configuration: VMware, Inc. VMware Virtual Platform
BIOS Configuration: Phoenix Technologies LTD 6.00 09/22/2009

==== Processor Sockets ====================================

Version                          Location Tag
-------------------------------- --------------------------
                                 CPU socket #0

==== Memory Device Sockets ================================

Type        Status Set Device Locator      Bank Locator
----------- ------ --- ------------------- ----------------
DRAM        in use 0   RAM slot #0         RAM slot #0
DRAM        empty  0   RAM slot #1         RAM slot #1
DRAM        empty  0   RAM slot #2         RAM slot #2
DRAM        empty  0   RAM slot #3         RAM slot #3
DRAM        empty  0   RAM slot #4         RAM slot #4
DRAM        empty  0   RAM slot #5         RAM slot #5
DRAM        empty  0   RAM slot #6         RAM slot #6
DRAM        empty  0   RAM slot #7         RAM slot #7
DRAM        empty  0   RAM slot #8         RAM slot #8
DRAM        empty  0   RAM slot #9         RAM slot #9
DRAM        empty  0   RAM slot #10        RAM slot #10
DRAM        empty  0   RAM slot #11        RAM slot #11
DRAM        empty  0   RAM slot #12        RAM slot #12
DRAM        empty  0   RAM slot #13        RAM slot #13
DRAM        empty  0   RAM slot #14        RAM slot #14

==== On-Board Devices =====================================
VMware SVGA II
ES1371

==== Upgradeable Slots ====================================

ID  Status    Type             Description
--- --------- ---------------- ----------------------------
0   unknown   ISA              ISA Slot J8
0   unknown   ISA              ISA Slot J9
0   unknown   ISA              ISA Slot J10
1   in use    PCI              PCI Slot J11
2   in use    PCI              PCI Slot J12
3   in use    PCI              PCI Slot J13
4   available PCI              PCI Slot J14
bash-4.0$ cat /etc/release
                       OpenSolaris Development snv_134 X86
           Copyright 2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                        Use is subject to license terms.
                             Assembled 01 March 2010
bash-4.0$

1. opensolaris on physical machine.

root at os134:~# /usr/sbin/prtdiag -v
System Configuration: Dell Inc. Latitude D610
BIOS Configuration: Dell Inc. A06 10/02/2005

==== Processor Sockets ====================================

Version                          Location Tag
-------------------------------- --------------------------
Pentium M                        Microprocessor

==== Memory Device Sockets ================================

Type        Status Set Device Locator      Bank Locator
----------- ------ --- ------------------- ----------------
DDR         in use 0   DIMM_A
DDR         in use 0   DIMM_B

==== On-Board Devices =====================================
Intel 915GM Graphics
Sigmatel 9751

ID  Status    Type             Description
0   available PCMCIA           PCMCIA 0
1   available other            MiniPCI
root at os134:~#

--