[hobbit] apt test problem

dOCtoR MADneSs doctor at makelofine.org
Sun Sep 27 20:03:18 CEST 2009

Rodolfo Pilas a écrit :
> I have just installed at my ubuntu (Intrepid) the hobbit-plugins,
> however the apt test shows an incorrect data:
>
>    RED Last apt update: 269.1 day(s) ago
>
> and I have carefuly executed apt update and apt dist-upgrade and system
> is updated.
>
> I have also drop apt test and when it run again, the message was the
> same: 291 days.
>
> I try to understand what server/ext/aptdiff do, but I can not understand
> where it see the last update (perl is not into my skills).
>
> Can you help me to fix this issue?
>
> Regards,
> Rodolfo Pilas

Hi,

The apt plugin check the age of the file : /var/lib/apt/lists/lock
This file was modified with old "apt-get update" version, since some
months at least, the apt-get command doesn't modify this file anymore,
so you have different ways to solve this :
-modify hobbit apt plugin in order to check a file or directory modified
with "apt-get update"
-or update this file (/var/lib/apt/lists/lock) anytime you do apt-get
update. You can update this file without modify it using the "touch"
command. In my case, I apt-get update every night with crontab, so I did
the following in my crontab :
#Nightly apt-get update
0 */24  * * * /usr/bin/apt-get update 1>/dev/null && touch
/var/lib/apt/lists/lock
And it's working.

Hope this could help you.