[hobbit] Wanna show off.

Neil Franken nfranken at theunlimitedworld.co.za
Wed Jul 1 09:04:26 CEST 2009

Hi Guys

I do realize that we need to provide business with solutions instead of
preffered software. We are a small organization growing fast. So
currently I am monitoring 15 servers with Xymon. I have been able to
customize xymon to show me SQL user connections, SQL transactions per
second and all the other good stuff. However the new HOD has decided
that open source is rubbish. He hates it and does not want any open
source products on the site. I have approached my CTO about this as it
seems we are being forced to use solutions that this guy has some
experience with. IMHO use the best tool for the job. Xymon is perfect
when I started here there was no monitoring in place. With Xymon's help
I took a severely unstable SQL environment to something that actually
runs smoothly.

Anyway once again thanks for the input. I just needed to show my CTO
that this is not just some small time mickey mouse monitoring system.

Regards

Neil