[hobbit] Temperature Graphs

doctor at makelofine.org doctor at makelofine.org
Wed Jan 28 18:47:58 CET 2009

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:33:42 -0500, Patrick Nixon <pnixon at gmail.com> wrote:
> The boxes I'm monitoring are windows box, so I had to go a slightly
> convulted route to get the temperature information
>
> 1.) Install SpeedFan to enable monitoring for the desired temperature
> probes
> 2.) Configure SpeedFan to run as a service at boot up to enable
> non-login monitoring
> 3.) Installed ActiveState Perl to run the script to extract the
> temperature information out of SpeedFan's log file and output the file
> into BBNT's saved logs directory
> 4.) Configured Windows to run the temp perl script every five minutes
>
> In terms of Linux servers, I know there are scripts out there that
> will work on lm-sensors and you may have to tweak them to get the
> right output, but I don't imagine it will be hard.   I just don't have
> any linux boxes in this setup that have a working lm-sensors setup.
>
> If you'd like the script I wrote, even though it's probably horrible
> perl, I can post it up.
>
> --Pat
>
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Gavin Leonard <gleonard at progrexion.com>
> wrote:
>> How is this done? I have some systems in a closet that we have problems
>> with heat and I would love to be able to monitor this with hobbit..
>>
>> -Gavin

On my side, I'm monitoring almost only linuxes. I wrote a script to get
temp/speed/voltages from sensors using lm-sensors (and hddtemp for hdd
temp...)
it's tested on a few different machines (like 4), but seems to be not too
much buggy.
You can get it here :
https://www.makelofine.org/xymon-plugins/hobbit-hardware-v0.1.tar.bz2
If you take it, just tell me if you changed something in, so i'll include
your changes.