[hobbit] get hobbit to show status for same host but with different configuration

Mogens Busk mogens.busk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 13:05:32 CET 2009

Hi

I Understand that hostname+statusname is unipue. What I want to do i us
these informations in different combinations.

I think that Xymon works this way:
Xymon server receives client information from the xymon-client, stores this
information and then generate the xymon webpage on request.
When xymon server is asked for a specifik page for clienta+proc, the xymon
server check what to do with the stored information against the
server/etc/hobbit-client.cfg file and the generates the webpage.

I would like to be able to load webpages generated from different
hobbit-client.cfg files.

basicly I want to make 1 page showing everything of interest for the
sysadmins and another one only showing part of the clienta+proc specifik for
a given customer.

I have Proc, Ports and Services for many customers on the same server and
would to be able to tell which customer is affected when some monitor goes
red.

If it is possible to make a page only showing specifik monitors, then it
should be possible to descibe a serviceflow/dataflow on a subpage and then
from the main page see if any services in that flow is affected (one host
should be able to be part of many flows).

Regards
Mogens

--
mvh mogens busk