Antwort: RE: [hobbit] Antwort: RE: [hobbit] Howto delete abandoned datafiles

thorsten.erdmann at daimler.com thorsten.erdmann at daimler.com
Wed Feb 25 17:19:49 CET 2009

I now made it with the bbshowhosts command. This command writes a complete
bbhosts file. So I temporarely generate that complete file and then cycle
through all the directories in the rrd directory and grep for each in that
complete bbhosts file. If I not find a host there I drop it.

If there is a nicer solution please tell me.

#!/bin/sh

#
# find old files from components which are no longer in BB-HOSTS
#
. /etc/hobbit/hobbitserver.cfg
echo "BBRRDS: $BBRRDS"
$BBHOME/bin/bbhostshow /etc/hobbit/bb-hosts >hosts.tmp

for i in `ls $BBRRDS`
do
  grep $i hosts.tmp >/dev/null
  if [ "$?" -ne "0" ]
  then
    echo "$i found"
    # drop the host $i here
  fi
done
rm hosts.tmp

Thanks you for your hints.

Thorsten Erdmann

greg.hubbard at eds.com
25.02.2009 17:12
Bitte antworten an
hobbit at hswn.dk

An
hobbit at hswn.dk
Kopie

Thema
RE: [hobbit] Antwort: RE: [hobbit] Howto delete abandoned datafiles

It seems to me that the cleanest way is to figure out how to make your
inventory system "know" when it is losing something.  I agree that it is
easier to write a system that has no memory of what it did in prior runs.

If your inventory system can be queried, or if you have an intermediate
file that can be searched, you might be able to run a "notification"
script from the alert system that would fire on "purple" alarms.  What the
script could do is take the host name in the alarm and look for it in your
inventory or other file -- if found, quit.  If not found, then the "drop
host" command.  This is a kludge, and might cause other issues, but it is
one way to keep your display cleaned up.

Others may have much better ideas!

GLH