[hobbit] Antwort: RE: [hobbit] Howto delete abandoned datafiles

Hubbard, Greg L greg.hubbard at eds.com
Wed Feb 25 17:09:48 CET 2009

It seems to me that the cleanest way is to figure out how to make your
inventory system "know" when it is losing something.  I agree that it is
easier to write a system that has no memory of what it did in prior
runs.

If your inventory system can be queried, or if you have an intermediate
file that can be searched, you might be able to run a "notification"
script from the alert system that would fire on "purple" alarms.  What
the script could do is take the host name in the alarm and look for it
in your inventory or other file -- if found, quit.  If not found, then
the "drop host" command.  This is a kludge, and might cause other
issues, but it is one way to keep your display cleaned up.

Others may have much better ideas!

GLH