running BB 4.2 and Xymon on the same host

Roland Soderstrom rolands at logicaltech.com.au
Fri Dec 18 00:34:11 CET 2009

Hi,

I've just discovered Xymon, I have a Quest BB 4.2 server right now.
BB is really buggy and most things don't work, and there is no real
support, even though you pay for it...
I'm stuck with the BB server for production.
I would like to install Xymon on the same server for testing.
Is this possible?
Maybe I need to change the 1984 port for Xymon bbd.
I could just use another virtual host on any port for the apache2 server.
The problems I see is the clients sending bb data to both BB and Xymon.
And running both BB and Xymon servers on the same host.
Any ideas how to set this up?

For infrastructure reasons I can't just setup another server, it is a
lot of job as the BB server is in a DMZ.

All servers are running Solaris 9/10

- Roland