[hobbit] can from address be configured for xymon alerts?

Tue Dec 8 20:06:54 CET 2009

On Dec 8, 2009, at 1:57 PM, pankaj dorlikar wrote:

> can "from " address be configured for xymon alerts?

Yes.

> I dont want to change my servers sendmail configuration.

It may be as simple as updating one of the “tables” sendmail is already referring to (like you would to add an alias for outbound mail). Depends on your current configuration. In any case, it’s best to do this at the sendmail level, rather than the Xymon level.

I know mail clients will let you make up whatever from address you want, so it’s theoretically possible from the Xymon side, but I’m not sure that Xymon has implemented this. (I doubt it.)

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>