Mysterious Sawtooth Graphs

mv652 at softhome.net mv652 at softhome.net
Thu Aug 13 09:16:11 CEST 2009

Just to add to the other confirmations...

We've noticed this behaviour too (also using fping) after moving to 4.3.0.0
beta2 (clean install).

We don't have very many hosts at the moment, but most of our hosts are
multi-homed.
The monitoring server has a separate network link for each VLAN/network, so
no routing is involved for each connection test.

We thought the problem may be one or two faulty nic's on the monitoring
server, but we get the 'sawtooth' behaviour with some systems but not others
within the same VLAN/network.

So far we haven't found a solution though.

Regards,
Mario