[hobbit] files, ports, procs saying not defined

Chris.Morris at RWEsystemsUK.com Chris.Morris at RWEsystemsUK.com
Wed Apr 29 16:05:26 CEST 2009

The $ should be inside the )

PORT LOCAL=%([\.:]389$) state=LISTEN TEXT=ldap

Regards,
Chris

________________________________

	From: Joseph Kezar [mailto:joseph.kezar at gmail.com]
	Sent: 29 April 2009 14:54
	To: hobbit at hswn.dk
	Subject: [hobbit] files, ports, procs saying not defined

	in $XYMONHOME/server/etc/hobbit-clients.cfg on the xymon server,
I've added some tests that dont seem to be reflecting in the URL for
xymon.  Here is a snippet of the file:

	Just above the default section I've added a port test for port
389.

	HOST=ldap.doc.state.vt.us
	        PORT "LOCAL=%([.:]389)$" state=LISTEN TEXT=ldap
	DEFAULT
	        # These are the built-in defaults.
	        UP      1h
	        LOAD    5.0 10.0
	        DISK    * 90 95
	        MEMPHYS 100 101
	        MEMSWAP 50 80
	        MEMACT  90 97

	But I still get the white non-smiley face.  When I click on the
icon I get to the next screen which says "No port checks defined" and
below that is the current result of a netstat.

	How can I get a green smiley for my port!

	And this is just a test, I realize there is a specific test for
ldap connectivity.

	Thanks!
	Joseph Kezar
	No port checks defined"

This e-mail including any attachments is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute advice except to the addressee if expressly stated in this email. For the avoidance of doubt the contents of this email and any attachments are subject to contract and are not intended to and will not constitute a legally binding contract or any part of a legally binding contract.

The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential.  It is intended only for the use of the intended recipient at the email address to which it has been addressed. If the reader of this message is not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of the message or associated attachments is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify postmaster at RWEsystemsUK.com and permanently delete the email and any attachments immediately from your system.  You should not retain, copy or use this email or any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the contents to any other person.  Thank you for your co-operation.

Neither RWE IT UK Ltd nor any of the other companies in the RWE Group from whom this e-mail originates accept any responsibility for losses or damage as a result of any viruses and it is your responsibility to check attachments (if any) for viruses.

RWE IT UK Ltd Registered office: Mistral, Westlea Campus, Chelmsford Road, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN5 7EZ. Registered in England and Wales: company number 6052966.