bbwin patches

Johan Booysen johan at matrix-data.co.uk
Tue Sep 30 12:02:21 CEST 2008

I'm trying to get Hobbit 4.2.0 (installed using
hobbit-4.2.0-9.el5.re.i386.rpm) to monitor Windows servers.  I had a
look at http://bbwin.sourceforge.net/ and installed the bbwin client on
a test lab machine.  However, I've noticed that I need to apply the
"all-in-one" and bbwin patches, and this is slightly confusing:

Does that apply to my installed version of Hobbit?

Was I supposed to apply the patches before installing Hobbit, and
necessarily build Hobbit as opposed to using the existing rpm?

Is there a way of modifying my existing installation to add support for
monitoring Windows?

Also, the link to the all-in-one patch is dead on the site mentioned
above...

I have googled this but haven't really come across anything very useful
- if anyone knows of a good source of info apart from the bbwin .chm
file I'd appreciate the pointer.

Thanks.