[hobbit] Latest stable snapshot?

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Wed Sep 17 11:56:24 CEST 2008

> Is it some special linuxversion?

Not really ... it's Scientific Linux 5.0/1/2
that's a clone from RHEL5 like centos ... that's because i wonder ..

Name        : zlib-devel                   Relocations: /usr
Version     : 1.2.3                             Vendor: Scientific Linux
Release     : 3                             Build Date: Tue Mar 27
20:07:35 2007
Install Date: Tue Jun 12 15:42:38 2007      Build Host: norob.fnal.gov
Group       : Development/Libraries         Source RPM:
zlib-1.2.3-3.src.rpm
Size        : 253951                           License: BSD
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Sat Apr 14 00:20:12 2007, Key ID da6ad00882fd17b2
URL         : http://www.gzip.org/zlib/
Summary     : Header files and libraries for Zlib development.
Description :
The zlib-devel package contains the header files and libraries needed
to develop programs that use the zlib compression and decompression
library.

and in the header-file is written:

/usr/include/zlib.h

/* zlib.h -- interface of the 'zlib' general purpose compression library
   version 1.2.3, July 18th, 2005

#define ZLIB_VERSION "1.2.3"
#define ZLIB_VERNUM 0x1230

.. on Scientific Linux 4 the "configure" works ..

with

#define ZLIB_VERSION "1.2.1.2"
#define ZLIB_VERNUM 0x1212

Name        : zlib-devel                   Relocations: /usr
Version     : 1.2.1.2                           Vendor: Scientific Linux
Release     : 1.2                           Build Date: Thu Jul 21
21:42:00 2005
Install Date: Fri Jan 25 01:52:38 2008      Build Host: yort.fnal.gov
Group       : Development/Libraries         Source RPM: zlib-1.2.1.2-1.2.src.rpm
Size        : 218767                           License: BSD
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Fri Jul 22 00:06:23 2005, Key ID 25dbef78a7048f8d
URL         : http://www.gzip.org/zlib/
Summary     : Header files and libraries for Zlib development.
Description :
The zlib-devel package contains the header files and libraries needed
to develop programs that use the zlib compression and decompression
library.

cheers,
 	martin

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, Lars Ebeling wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich Smrcina" <rsmrcina at wi.rr.com>

Gruss

        Martin Flemming

Martin Flemming
DESY / IT          office : Building 2b / 008a
Notkestr. 85       phone  : 040 - 8998 - 4667
22603 Hamburg      mail   : martin.flemming at desy.de